1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bweyland, Jul 20, 2012.

1. bweyland

bweyland

Apr 6, 2012
    :help:Reading through the post I hear that the Carvin's are pretty darn good basses. I am looking for a 5 string and was wondering if anyone has tried a Carvin B5 model?

Willy

2. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    I played it at winter NAMM. Very nice basses.

Carvin is the most economical US made bass around. You can't go wrong with a Carvin.

Listen to anything on a Brian Bromberg CD and you will hear all the tones a Carvin can give.

Carvin basses will impress you. They give you exactly as advertised.

If you troll the for sale threads here you can probably find one at an even better price then direct.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    As good a bass as Carvins are, their resale value takes a serious hit. I would seriously try and find one used if possible. You could save alot of coin......

4. bweyland

bweyland

Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the info I will try and find a used one. Thanks

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  6. I have a B5 and LOVE it. Light, good tight B string, active preamp that sounds fabulous. However, I'm not sure, but I think the B5 became the B50, which has larger upper and lower horns and I think a wider string spacing. I thi k the B5 has 17.5 and the B50 is 19mm.

Either way, you can't go wrong...

BnB