Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin bassnecks?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tbonesux, May 12, 2002.

1. tbonesux

tbonesux Guest

Apr 7, 2002
    Wisconsin
    hey, im still working on my custom bass, in the planning stage yet, (i decided not to pick a design and hardware quickly and jump into it because i knew i would change my mind, which I did)

How are Carvin necks?
    I was going to get a Warmoth one, but i want to be able to shape the headstock and I might make it a fretless.

so any way, tell me what you think.

thanks

2. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    probably pretty good :)

I like the neck on my carvin. I was thinking about getting a carvin neck for my first custom bass also, but I'm still in the first stage of planning :(

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    check this thread out, that's just what this fellow's done (though it's not fretless).built from carvin neck

4. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2002
    USA
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Guitars
    I have used Carvin Necks on a couple of projects so far with no problems. For the money I think you cant go wrong. So far All of mey carvin necks have been stable.

If you are used to a P or J neck these necks are very thin in comparison which can be good or bad depending on your preference.

Here is a forum showing a bass I did a few months ago.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=42761

5. Scott Green

Scott Green

Sep 16, 2001
    I recently got to play a Carvin with the Claro Walnut top. This is supposed to be their "high end" bass. I was not impressed at all with the feel or the sound of this bass. I will say the construction seemed good and it was a very nice looking bass. To each his own though, only my opinion

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Every Carvin bass or guitar Ive ever played, had a nice easy to play neck and action like "butta"