Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin BB70

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Anyone own one of these basses? I'm thinking about ordering one. I had a LB75 that I really enjoyed and I'm thinking the BB70 will be really similiar.

If you have pictures, post them.

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    You should ask this over at the carvin board as well (www.carvin.com). You'll get good advice there because some of the people on that board have both LB's and BB's. I think the BB models are prefered by many because of the different body shape (e.g., longer strap horn). Otherwise, I don't think they are that much different.

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I have to say, I use to laugh at the thought of a carvin bass when people mentioned it. But today I had a 5 string Koa wing with 2 band eq come into the shop. WOW, is all I can say, honestly have a new respect for carvin basses!

I'm a smarter person now :rolleyes:

4. I find that alot of people haven't even played a Carvin and they bad mouth them =)

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I've played a couple, but never really interested me. If they build many like this one then wow.

6. Carvin makes really good basses. They are a steal at their price like most of their gear. They don't have a high resale value thats why some "collectors" don't like them. I used to own one and I would love to try out one of their new basses with the MM style pickups and 18v active preamp circuit.