Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin bolt kit

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris J, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Has anyone tried one of these? Hopefully the 5 string. That's the one I'm looking at right now. Anyway, what do you think of it? Was it worth it? btw I'm Canadian so one of the more expensive Carvins is out of the question. That's why the kit interests me. Please describe it and how difficult building it was.

2. If you can solder and have a general working knowlage with hand tools, its a breeze! I put togather my own kit from them, a neck through. I bought the pre shaped body and ripped it twice for the neck , located dowls to hold the pieces togather. I added my own elect and hardware on it , the finish is another matter ...to get a good finish you might consider taking it to a pro that has the right equipment (auto body or cabnet shop)

3. I've heard that they're pretty easy to put tgether, but the finishing is the hard part. I was thinking about getting one, and I'd still like to.