1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin BR-series Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mlwarriner, Jun 1, 2011.

1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    What's the good word? I'm looking to bust my 6x10 into two cabs for portability reasons, and thinking hard about picking up the Carvin BR-210 and BR-410 cabs.

Decent cabs or terrible crap-fests?

2. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    In the Great Southwest
    I've had the BR-210 cab. Nice cab for the price. They usually have the carpet covered versions on their ebay store for pretty cheap.

3. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    they're blowing them out at carvin.com. 200 for the 210, 300 for the 410.

i'm seriously tempted...

4. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Where do you see those prices? I'm on the site right now and the regular, non-Neo version of the BR210 (4 or 8 ohm) is $279. 410 is $379. For the prices you quoted I'd be tempted too.

*edit*
    I see it now. When you click on the individual cabs and the page comes up, there's a "sticker" on the page that says "instant $100 rebate." Oh my...WHY did I click this post? Crap...

*wait a minute*
    Still not right. Even w/the $100 instant rebate, the BR410 is $379. Still a good deal, but not $300 though. :confused:

5. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    Under the "specials" section:
    Carvin.com :: BR410-4C
    They've got them in 8ohm, too.
    Rat fur, no corner protectors . . . they're bare bones, for sure, but at $350 shipped, you just can't beat that deal.

6. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for the link, Willicious. That's a crazy deal. You could do a full 8x10 stack for $600, and it's new! I don't dig ratfur, though. If they had the tolex cab for that price I'd be all over it...like everyone else, I'm sure. ;)

7. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    I don't, either.
    But hell, for that price, I'd consider buying one, strip the rat fur, slather on some DuraTex and nice cab corners, and rock that thing! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Will

8. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Why you gotta go puttin' great ideas in my head? ;) Must_resist_great_idea! Heck, I've already got the big, plastic Penn-Elcom corners....

9. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
  10. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    eh...trigger = pulled. i'll let y'all know how they work with my trace v4 in a week or two. :)