1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin BR115 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Solarmist, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Hey guys-I got the bucks now to purchase the Carvin BR115 Cab. Just one more question for you...I really like the Peavey 15" BlackWidow sound from a 215 cab I've been using. Will I like the Carvin Eminence sound? I know different 15's sound different, and I didn't really like the JBL's I had once. Thanks Much.

2. You may think the Carvin is the best cab you've ever heard or you might hate it. As with anything only experience will tell you that. Remember if you don't like the BR115 you can always send it back.

Paul

3. I agree with Paul...that a nice feature of ordering from Carvin. I own the BR115 and love it. I've played an older peavey 115 with a BW widow in it (given it wasn't in the greatest shape) and the BR can be much more clear and focused. The BR THUMPS when you need it to. I use it as a standalone and it takes care of buisness.

4. I am also going to use it as a standalone...I really like the thought of a horn too. I've never had (or played) through a two-way system. I like a considerably amount of scoop. Oh, and thanks for your input-much appreciated.

5. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Get the Carvin and don't look back. You won't regret it. If you do, let me know, and I'll buy it off you. I regret selling mine. Great stand alone cab for rock and blues. I've said it many times. I have seen many bass players on the Blues circuit giging with just a single 15 cab, but I have never, ever seen any guys giging with just a 210 cab, ever.

6. :hyper:

7. If you have never played a cabinet with a horn you might find one a little bright at first. You'll have to drop your treble back a little to compensate.

Paul

8. Thanks Paul...I ordered it today! Now I have to figure out how to sell (cheap) my Peavey 215 cab with part-blown BlackWidows. I need the room for the new cab.

9. Hey Guys - I got it today :hyper: The Carvin BR115 Bass Cab. It sounds great - more deep deep low end than I expected. I'm getting used to having a horn now (6 pos. adjustable) which is what I wanted in the new Cab. I play with a fairly mid-scooped sound - extremely trebly [G D A], and deep bass [E B], oh, and a pick (yes I'm one of those guys). With shipping, and castors it cost $338. Now I can retire my Peavey 215 Cab with part-blown Widows. Well I'm quite satisfied - looks good - sounds good - the heavy-duty plastic bag it was wrapped in makes a good cover too. :D

10. Bubble

Bubble

Apr 17, 2013
    LV-426
    I just heard one with a Fender P bass and SVT-1000 and it was like extremely clear and penetrating. I don't see any problems for a loud metal band with this. Of course the SVT-1000 is sort of cheating with the tube amp loudness perception. Oh I want that combo.
    I was looking into that Carvin and this thread popped up.

I thought the SVT-1000 was a tube amp, sounded like it.
    Here's probably why :

TEXTURE CONTROL: Ampeg’s exclusive “tube emulation” circuit which changes the tone for a more aggressive sound

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018