Carvin BR410. Any thoughts/opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassthumpersf, Apr 29, 2012.

1. bassthumpersf

bassthumpersf

May 30, 2010
    Spent the last 30 years using 2x15's, thinking about trying 10's. Anybody using these Carvin Cabinets? I'd be running it with a GK 800RB. Thanks.

2. I picked up a Carvin BRX4.10 NEO recently for $275.00 (Craigslist). Amazing cabinet. I love the tone.

3. bassthumpersf

bassthumpersf

May 30, 2010
    TTT

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I run 2 Carvin 410s. They sound great. I had a guy this past Saturday at an outdoor gig tell me that his SVT 2 Pro and 8x10 didn't sound as good as my rig. Then the sky opened up and God smote me. I've been drying my gear under industrial fans ever since. lol

5. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    I don't want to start a flame war with Ampeg fans, but Ampeg gear is overrated in my opinion. Carvin has really stepped up its game in the last few years in regards to its bass amps.

6. My very limited experience tells me the same thing.

7. Nice cabs! I have 2 brx 410's and 2 brx 210's.Well built,sound good,handle alot of power. traded my schroeders for 2 of them. edit: just noticed you are talking bout the Br line which I have no experience with.

8. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    I have no experience with the BR line. I can tell you that Carvin stopped making the BRX 10.4 NEO's and they are getting sucked up off of the used market quickly.

Carvin used gear always takes a price beating which means that you should easily be able to find a BRX Neo within the budget of a BR. Just an option as the BRX series has a lot of fans.

Finally, Carvin's customer service is stellar. You can order a cab and play it. As long as it's spotless, you can return it if it fails to live up to your expectation or doesnt give you the sound that you were looking for.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021