1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

carvin BRX 10.4 VS BR410 - NEO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 77mmstingray, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 77mmstingray

77mmstingray

Jan 29, 2012
    The Neo is lighter AND cheaper?

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Not sure what's going on now since I heard they were dropping NEO speakers. I was there 2 years ago and played all of the amps/cabs and they were great.

:confused:

3. 77mmstingray

77mmstingray

Jan 29, 2012
    i also heard they were dropping neo speakers. they aren't in the current catalogue, but they are available on the website?
    93 lbs vs 63
    i like 63

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    The BRX10.4 was the better model so they probably sold all of them loaded with NEOs. The BR410 NEO is a good cab for the money, but the BRX was the better cab.

5. I'm kinda on the dumb end of the scale around here. So help me out a little. I thought neos were supposed to be the end all? Why would Carvin drop them? I've noticed that they are selling neo-equipped BRX 10.2s for the same fundolas as the standard speakered BRXs...

Wuddup doc?

6. The answer is because Carvin is getting out of the Neodymium speaker cab business completely. The reason is because Neodymium has been reclassified by the gov and neo-speaker prices have gone up.

Carvin has some shmokin' deals on neo cabs right now - if you've ever wanted one, now is the time.

7. Great cabs. I still miss my 10.2's

8. Your comment echoes SO MANY OTHERS.

I just couldn't pass up the deal. I've been fretting over this purchase for days, posting threads, asking questions, farming info. Good fortune came upon me in the manner of the sale of some vintage VW parts this afternoon, quite unexpectedly so.

I jumped on this deal with both feet. The timing was amazingly good - it was on sale for $321.00, the sale ending only hours later! Snagged it. Hells yea!

It would appear that this particular 210 design has something different going for it. I've read SO MUCH good mojo about it, and so few negative remarks. It seems like there are just piles upon piles of positive comments about the BRX10.2 (either the neo or the ceramic) - it's like Carvin nailed the hell out of this one somehow.

I'll be pacing the floor the day that the tracking info says it should be here! C'mon brown truck!!

:)

9. I'll be real interested in how you think the cab handles your modular synth rig. The 10.2's are still the second best cabs I've owned for effects and synths. And that's a very close second to my fEARful 1212/6/1.

10. I'm plenty interested myself! Haahaa! :) I had never considered using the 10.2 for the actual ~synthesizer output~ portion of the rig. Hmm .. interesting notion! I'd reckon it depends on the type of sound that is being created as to how well that worked out.

I'll certainly give it a whirl!

Thanks for the suggestion. :)