1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin BRX 212 800 watt combo and SWR 112 cab/monitor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mumbojumbo, May 21, 2011.

1. mumbojumbo

mumbojumbo Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    Turning my rig around to suit my trunk and back. Letting go of this recent TB acquasition a Carvin BRX 212 combo. Its 800 watt amp (500 internal) with rugged duratex coating, 2-12 in neodynium speakers.

This amp is extremely compact and loud. Especially if you add an extension cab it will blow the doors off any Marshall. It also has very cool internal tilt back casters for easy maneuverability.

The manual is here...http://www.carvinservice.com/crg/manuals/BRX112NEO.pdf

more info...The Carvin Museum - 2005 BRX Bass Combo

500$ shipped

ALSO an SWR BASS MONITOR 12"
    The Bass Monitor 12" was "the SWR sound in a wedge." It was never widely distributed, but was used in a large variety of applications, mainly by professionals seeking greater control over their own monitoring sound and levels.

Power Handling Capacity: 250 watts RMS
    Impedance: 8 Ohms
    One 12" custom Bag End or Eminence driver (depending on production date)
    One LeSon piezo tweeter
    Dimensions: 16"W x 22 1/4"H x 17 3/4"D
    Weight: 33 lbs.

I originally got this as an extension speaker for my combo but as it turns out I dont need it. I replaced the speaker with an 250 watt Eminence stock speaker as It was blown when I got it. It sounds nice and Im tempted to sell my Combo and get something I can pair with it if it doesnt sell.

Great option if you have a hard time hearing ourself on stage or want to add a 112 to your rig

250$ shipped

Local sale in SF Bay area

more pics on request.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rock-N-Dawg

Rock-N-Dawg

Sep 18, 2010
    Corona CA
    the carvin ad says this thing is 30.25w x 16.5w x 18h...in the real world it must be 30.25 h, but what is the dimension across the face 16.5 or 18????? Thanks ed
    How is the covering and corners on thing..still look pretty good?

3. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    YA the height is 30.5, the width across the face is 16.5 and its 18 deep. Man Im starting to get 2nd thoughts about this. Someone is coming tomorrow to check it out I may pull this one we'll see...

4. Have owned both of these pieces at some point. Really like them both...and the Carvin is a great "one-piece solution" for an amp. Small, light, and powerful.

Good luck with the sale!

dcr

5. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    Isnt G.A.S awesome! I cant tell you how much gear Ive gone though due to either boredom, band changes, or low on dough. Thanks DCR. I have a feeling im going to keep the Carvin but who knows...Im thinking about a GK 700rb 112 paired with a 'to be named later' 115. ANy one got any thoughts?

6. danzigdan

danzigdan

Mar 10, 2009
    WNY
    Those are nice amps. Underrated.

7. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    bump

8. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    PM replyed

9. DMH2

DMH2

Feb 5, 2009
    Union City CA
    Aww I was hoping that carvin would hang out till I had the money

10. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    Showing it this weekend. If its still here will post.

11. DMH2

DMH2

Feb 5, 2009
    Union City CA
    Out of curiosity, where in the bay are you located? I'm in the east bay.

12. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    If you want to trade that Carvin for my pre-fender SWR California Blonde, just shoot me a pm. I'm right across the Bay. You could keep the monitor and have an all-SWR rig.:cool:

13. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    Gotta pass on the Blonde. Not NEARLY enough power...
    Price drop for local buyers though...

14. mumbojumbo

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    SOLD!