1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin BRX-212 Combo $400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassteban, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Carvin BRX-212 combo- 300w @ 8 ohm, 500@4, 800@2! 76 lbs, tilt-back, the most powerful and headroom-laden rig I have ever used. Selling to fund my dream tone amp, an Eden WT-405(which, if it sells prior to my moving this, I may pull the Carvin).
    Anyway, the manual is linked in the original sale ad below.
    I will drop the asking price $100(to $400- will not ship; I'm in NorCal, near Sacramento)as I got it wet** & it had a slight issue...*

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/carvin-brx-212-800-watt-combo-swr-112-cab-monitor-772645/

*Issue: Upon powering up, it made a loud scratchy/staticy noise- turning off/of 4 or 5 times *fixed* it. it did this twice, has not done it again after 6 or 8 2-3 hour gigs.
    **It also got rained on, but was for the most part sheltered, was dried thoroughly and has been gigged repeatedly since w/no apparent damage.

Pics later today hopefully- ask Q's here or PM. Not interested in trades except for Eden WT-330/390/405 or CXC combos w/these heads.

Edit: Ignore the SWR monitor in the original ad- it is not involved

2. Bumpitee- I know this may look/sound iffy, but I have rocked this rig several times since the aforementioned problems occurred, and have only had great times with it. The one downside if any is the size, but it's really very manageable w/the wheels & handle. Will work on pics...

3. *roneriness* bump

4. Lame-o, no-pics yet/some interest being expressed/bumpski

5. Pic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Adding pic(s)to bump- got another rig in the works... drop to $350- still local PU only. Will drive some.

6. $300. Can't go any lower- the cab alone is worth that. The *staticy* issue has not occurred in months.

7. Wish it was closer.

8. Me, too. I'll look into shipping tomorrow if you wanna PM me your location.

9. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    $300?!?!

I have absolutely no use for it but I'm still tempted at that price... someone move quick before bassteban sobers up...

10. BITE YOUR TONGUE :D

Edit: I will consider shipping; I am a good packer, but this thing weighs 76 lbs(!)- it will NOT be cheap.

11. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    just a thought, you might want to update the title to reflect the new price

12. After awhile it seems the option to edit a post goes away- bug/glitch? :oops:

13. Alrighty- I'll see if I can PM a mod and get the title edited; remember, kids- putting your asking price in the title can be off-putting to potential buyers when you later get desperate & drop the price..
    .:.