1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin BX Series Amps - Any Reviews?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Richland123, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I was checking out the Carvin BX500, BX600, & BX1200 bass amp heads online. They seem to have lots of features at a great price. I and many of my friends have used Carvin equipment in the past with high praises. Since there is no way to test drive these amps, I was wondering if anybody on here has used these amps and what are the reviews on them?

2. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Seeing that you're a fairly new TB registrant, want to welcome you aboard, first and foremost.

second, there is a LOT of information to be found here. Make sure you use the SEARCH option on this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge on almost any amp you can think of. (also, there are a great many on here that will write things like "Dammit use the search button before you post something so ridiculous..." Being a new guy you have to use your "flame suit" frequently until you get the hang of how things go around here.
    That being said, there is an active 2-part thread on the new BX500. The BX 1200 has been reviewed extensively as well. A lot ov people love both amps. The BX 500 seems to be a home-run...that is once the first-run-of-production issues have been worked out. The BX 1200 is a very clean sounding powerful amp. Can't go wrong with either..depending on what you're looking for.

4. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Thanks for the responses and the welcome. After reading the reviews posted on the other threads, it looks like I will be choosing between a Carvin BX600 and an Acoustic B600H. I was able to try out the Acoustic and loved it but the Carvin seems to have more features.

5. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    We did a full review of the B1500 in the last issue. The BX500 is being tested right now and will be published soon.