1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Carvin BX1600 + head case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by braud357, Dec 2, 2018.

1. braud357

braud357

Jul 1, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Price:
    $350.00
    Offered for sale is my Carvin BX1600 bass head - excellent condition, mounted in a carpeted head case. Description from Carvin:
    An enormous range of EQ options. Just an outstanding unit.
    The BX Series Bass Amplifier Heads offer classic natural bass tone with unprecedented tonal control and extended headroom. The BX1600 “dual” mono block amplifier delivers 2x325w at 8ohms, 2x500w at 4ohms, and 2x800w at 2ohms. Bridge mode allows both amps to drive one output for 1000w at 8 ohms and 1600w at 4 ohms.

Four discrete Class A input stages produce the harmonic basis for the preamp right from the input jack. It begins with a boutique flat response, then we add extensive tone control allowing you to carve out your signature sound. Harmonic content increases as you turn up the DRIVE control producing rich harmonics at maximum settings. Solid design, bullet-proof construction and a list of indispensable features assure the BX1600 will be the heart of your rig for years to come.

• Discrete Class A input stages
    • Bypassable 12AX7 preamp tube
    • Preamp DRIVE and master VOLUME controls
    • Biamp CROSSOVER LO & HI levels
    • 3 mid sweep semi-parametric EQ, BASS, and TREBLE
    • 9-band Graphic EQ with front panel switch (or by optional FS22 footswitch) • Signal MUTE front panel switch (or by optional FS22 footswitch)
    • EFFECT LOOP front panel bypass switch (or by optional FS22 footswitch)
    • DIRECT OUT balanced XLR with independent LEVEL control, switchable

“Pre-Post” and “Ground Lift”, DC isolated
    • TUNER output jack independent of MUTE switch
    • Single knob optical COMPRESSOR
    • LED panel lighting
    • High current Twist-Lock BRIDGED speaker output
    • SPEAKON® -1/4” combo jacks for Amp 1&2
    • Metal shaft controls with threaded metal bushings mounted directly to front panel • Circuit boards are MIL SPEC, double sided, FR-4 glass epoxy
    • Lightweight design
    • BX1600 -19” 2U aluminum chassis

I am currently playing in a r&b band, and for the first time in my 50 year bass-playing career - I feel that I have TOO much power ! This amp is fully functional - and it is a beast. Tons of tonal options ! The only reason I am selling is that I have found something that works better for the band I am playing with, and I am currently "thinning the herd" of basses and amps. Price is $350.00 SHIPPED to continental US ONLY !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. braud357

braud357

Jul 1, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Sold - Thank you !!!