1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Carvin BX500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MostlyBass, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Price:
    $300
    ***TRADED & CLOSED***

300 obo

I have a two year old BX500. Sounds great, no issues with controls. Very clean (including ribbon cables). I will also include the original Carvin footswitch.
    Right now there is not a tube in there. But if you want one, let me know as I have several I can put it. Not that it really makes much difference with this amp.
    I do have the original shipping box.

Not so good:
    -Makes a slight pop when powering off. I sent it back to Carvin and they said it was within specs. It's nowhere near loud enough to do any damage it's just not completely silent like my MarkBass or GK.
    -One (of 2) speakon outputs started acting up - like wiggling it a bit would cause the signal to cut out. I can't find any issue inside or out.
    The 1/4" inside that speakon works fine. I do have a heavy duty 1/4" speaker cable and a 1/4 to Speakon adapter I can include for a few bucks.
    The other speakon output works fine. IMG_2475. IMG_2476. IMG_2477. IMG_2479. IMG_2480. IMG_2482. IMG_2484. IMG_2485. IMG_2486. IMG_2487.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.