1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Mar 25, 2006.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    what do you all think of Carvin speaker enclosures?
    I have an older Carvin 1x15 cab, probably from around '96 or '97 without the horn. I think it serves pretty good for the price I paid (at the time around $250).
    Right now I'm looking to get either a 2x10 (limited space) but I might even spring for a 4x10. And the newer Carvin cabs with the Red horn look pretty nice, and the price is awesome, about half of other cabinets...

2. NegatroN

NegatroN

Mar 22, 2006
    Germany
    I have probably the same as you (a Carvin V115) and it makes a really nice fundament for the sound. But I like the sound primarily in combination with my 4x10, the carvin alone is a bit edgeless.

3. For my tastes they've been OK, not as bad as some feel but nothing remarkable either. Except for the newer BRX series, which IMO are considerably better than the older ones and definitely worth a look. Just my $0.02.