Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carvin credit card

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassist286, Aug 2, 2005.

1. bassist286

bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    hey guy's, im just curious. im looking at picking up the carvin credit card. The rate is very high but i mean im not sure if it will be that bad. i checked to see if there was an annual fee but there's not, so i figure i would apply for the card and hold on to it untill i can pay the bill off in like 2 or 3 payments. I was also wondering if i had to buy something with in a certain ammout of time of being approved. Or could i just follow my plan and not buy anything with it untill i have the money. i'm jsut think in terms of the long run and i hopefully could just get some credit by doing this. thanks for any help

2. lazyi

lazyi

Feb 14, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Do your self a favor a stay off the grid. Cash only transactions, Why should anyone know info about you. Credit card Companies are there to inslave the Average US Citizen. They get you young and get you hooked into the instant gratification. One needs to appreciate the value of Saving for what you want.

Junk mail and target mail and Target phone calls all come from credit card purchases.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Proletariat will triumph over the enslaving bourgeoisie....deny their crippling money exchange system and return to a bartering system for the populus!! :eyebrow: ;)

Back in the real world now....cash only purchases aren't viable for the majority of the public anymore- it's the least safe method to go in many purchasing transactions.

I'd look for a better credit card (in-store credit cards often have bad APRs and other little tricks to get you). If you have good credit, you can get a good one with a low interest rate and often with no-interest for a year specials. You can wait as long as you want before you use it (you don't get charged anything if you don't spend anything).

I would wait until you have at least a good amount of the money for the bass set aside to pay it off though. Credit cards can be a great thing if you know how to handle your finances, but if you don't, you can easily spiral into debt.

4. Minimaul

Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003

That's true. Besides, strippers don't take credit cards!