Carvin foot switch, anybody using one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretter, Oct 14, 2017.

1. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    Just about the only item left on the Carvin website are footswitches. What would I do with one?

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Ha ha, any latching footswitch will do. I got one for less than $20 from B&H photo.

oops, just noticed the smallest Carvin f/s has two buttons on it, DOH!

3. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    They threw on in on my BX1600 order. I use it every time I play. For the big daddy BX you can select what it controls. I set it to turn graphic eq on and off and mute. I like it and would probably pay for one. I think the manual tells you enough to DIY one, but it's nice and clean and saves a lot of effort. Right now time is more important to me than money on stuff like this.

4. Just on my X100b and BX heads.

5. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    I guess it's more for the BX1600, which does say "MUTE switch can be engaged for quick bass changes, which is also controlled by the optional FS22 footswitch". That looks like a nice amp by the way. My old Peavey amp had a graphic eq.

BadExample likes this.
  6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I bought one for my little Nomad guitar amp - don't even recall what it controls - channel switch and mute?

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    They are a good basic momentary foot switch. One switch is sleeve - ring, the other is sleeve - tip.
    I can use one in any gear that has a continuous controller input. where I'd use a continuous controller at either half down, or full down. Effects pedals, synths, some interfaces. It all depends on what the continuous controller input on your gear can be programmed to do. You set the effect that if you hit one button it's normal. Hit the other and it say shifts down an octave or shifts up an octave, or fifth. A twelve string like effect. Or switch the EQ to cut the bass when you're going to hit some harmonics.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021