Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin gear for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dbasss, May 2, 2003.

1. R1000 Amp--$450 and 4-10 Cabt.-$250. Both of these are in excellent condition. Pictures coming soon!!!!!

2. Would you consider any trades? For just the amp.

3. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Bump.

4. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Bumpity bump.

5. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    What version of the R-series head is it? Is that a redline cab too? Pictures?

6. if it is the newer carvin with speakons i will gladly trade you a gk1001rb head for it, if not anything else i may have that you want. pm me back or email me reagrdless of what you think of my offer please.

7. It's the R1000. The cabt. is sold.

8. Khan

Khan

Sep 29, 2002
    Norway
    I think what he meant was if it was a series 2 (II) or series 3 (III) R1000 head.
    I'm not sure, but I think it's a II because the blend knob has 'Normal' - 'Tube' , whereas the III has 'Normal' - 'Warm' (because they removed the actual 12AX7 tube and replaced it with a tube emulating circuit on the III).
    But I may be wrong though...
    A great amp in any case!

9. It looks to me like it's the original. I believe the SII and SIII have a little added thing near the tube logo that says either series ii or series iii.

Hope this helps. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stay Low,
    BT

10. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    its a series III, the series 2 used different nuts, not shinier higher quality ones as shown in the pic

11. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I will take the Carvin R1000 amp please!!!

12. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    its most likely not a series iii i have a series iii and the phones jack is in the back, not the front, mine says norm-warm not tube, so it really shouldnt be a series iii. maybe a series i. and also, mine says series iii on the bottom

13. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Then you might be interested in this:

Carvin RL1018 Stack For Sale