1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Carvin HD2000 Power Amp (Factory 1v mod)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by DiabolusInMusic, Apr 23, 2018.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Price:
    Up for sale is one Carvin HD2000 power amp. Here are the details on the amp and the mod taken from the original "for sale" ad.

Carvin HD2000. This amp was modded by Carvin to have an input sensitivity of 1.0 V, which allows it to pair with a greater range of bass preamps than most power amps (many instrument preamps do not have enough output to drive typical power amps). This amp is also incredibly light at 9 lbs. Wattage ratings are:

1 CHANNEL RMS continuous
    - 8 ohms: 400 watts
    - 4 ohms: 600 watts
    - 2 ohms: 1000 watts
    BOTH CH RMS continuous
    - 8 ohms: 260/260 watts
    - 4 ohms: 500/500 watts
    - 2 ohms: 850/850 watts
    BRIDGED RMS continuous
    - 8 ohms bridged: 1000 watts
    - 4 ohms bridged: 1700 watts

SOLD - FS: Carvin HD2000 (w/factory bass-friendly mod) and DCM1500 power amps

I used the amp to power my backup rig so it so very few gigs, mostly home use. The amp is in good condition and I have never had any issues with it. I paid about $350 USD, I am asking for $250 USD for the amp, shipped within CONUS.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

No, I have never had any issues with the amp.

3. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I've deleted my post concerning the fan.
    I had misread the original post that was linked; the amp that didn't have a working fan IS NOT the one for sale in this thread.
    I'm sorry OP as well as to anyone who read my post.
    Really hoped that my mistake didn't jepordize the sale.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

$225 shipped CONUS

sigterm and Playsjazz1 like this.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

The amp was sold locally for $250.

Thanks for looking!