Carvin heads?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MasqueOfFilth, Mar 8, 2005.

1. does anyone know anything about or own a carvin bass head? specifially the looking into them as maybe a next buy, im trying to see if anyone has any good/bad feedback on them. thanks!
  2. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I played one a while back... last summer I think. I dont think they're anything special tone-wise, but thats just to my ears. As far as reliability, I dont really hear any complaints about them. And if power is your main concern, I dont see a reason to avoid them.
  3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I own a B1500. It's a very good head IMO. Built very well and has a lot of power. The sound is hi-fi in the real sense--that is, it's pretty flat up and down the spectrum, not mid-scooped (which is what's often called hi-fi but isn't). The drive control gives you a bit of a tubey grind, but the basic sound is very clean and clear, with excellent treble extension. You could do a hell of a lot worse.
  4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I'm really tempted to get this and run another preamp through the effects loop. I've never played one and am sure I wouldn't have to do that for good tone, but that would give a lot of potential for tonal possibilities.

I've bee so gasing this amp for a while....
  5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Oh yeah... I really don't like the look of Carvin's new warranty policy. I hope having to purchase warranties doesn't catch on elsewhere, don't wanna have to hope something breaks just so you can get your moneys worth out of something like that.

Bleh, sorry to be off track, but that may be very important in your decision.
  6. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    ***? Yorkville gives you a free 2 year UNLIMITED warranty. If you purposely break it, they fix it at their expense.