1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Carvin Icon 5 Fretless w/ Hard As Nails Fingerboard "Price Drop"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Bassology

Bassology Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Price:
    $900
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Up for grab is my beloved 5-string fretless bass by Carvin. I've had it for the last 4 years, and it's been a pleasure having it around. Unfortunately, I just have not used it enough to justify owing such a prestige instrument, therefore I am letting it go, and hopefully to someone who will use it more.

This bass is literally the top of the line coming from Carvin. It's composed of Alder body w/ lacquer finish all around, Claro Walnut top and headstock, 5 piece Maple and Walnut neck, Ebony fingerboard w/ "Hard As Nails" option by using cyanoacrylate finish, giving it a Jaco-ish effect, single coil pickups, 3 band EQ's w/ sweep-able mid, piezo bridge w/ blend control, and finishing it up with gold hardware.

Condition wise, it plays just as smooth as the day I received it. There are light string marks on the fingerboard, but they are strictly superficial, and you really can't feel them by touching the area, and there are no bumps. Body wise, there are two tiny dents on the back bottom edges, and that's about it. I would give it an overall 8.5 out of 10 as a score.

It comes with an aftermarket soft gigbag, but will be packed well for the shipment. Looking for $950 USD. NOW $900 USD! All payments must be with either Cash, Postal MO or PayPal E-Check payment. Shipped USA/CANADA.

upload_2015-11-18_23-39-19.

upload_2015-11-18_23-38-53.

upload_2015-11-18_23-40-17.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. FunkyHonkey

FunkyHonkey

Dec 3, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Does this have 17.5mm or 19mm string spacing at the bridge? Nice bass!

3. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    17.5mm and 9.2lbs. :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  4. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Price drop! Now $900.

5. FunkyHonkey

FunkyHonkey

Dec 3, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello again, listing says single coil pickups, looks like the soapbar pick up housings. Is it the J99As in the soapbar housing? Thanks!

6. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    These are indeed single coil in soapbar housing with Alnico 5 magnet. Model J99AS and J99ASR to be exact.

7. charlie123

charlie123

Apr 28, 2011
    Wausau, WI
    Are there any markers? Any sound clips?

8. charlie123

charlie123

Apr 28, 2011
    Wausau, WI
    What year is it?

9. Bassology