1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin Impedance Calculator for iPhones

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RNV, Nov 2, 2010.

1. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    Fresh from Facebook. Download Carvin’s new FREE Impedance Calculator app for iPhones! This app will calculate the total impedance of speakers in either a series or parallel configuration. Calculating the total impedance is an important step in connecting speakers to an amplifier correctly, so you don’t overload your amp. The app also features helpful FAQs about impedance and series/parallel wiring. iPhone users can download this free app from the link below.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carvin-impedance-calculator/id390198305?mt=8

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you, I am downloading it right now.

3. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    Gosh Darn It!!!!!!!!!! Can a mod please move this to the AMP section. I'm not sure how I ended up posting here.

4. Spraeg

Spraeg

May 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Is there an andriod version of this (or something similar) out there? This seems like it would be a very handy too, to have around.

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Series: 8 + 8 = 16
    Parallel: 8 + 8 = 4

Do they really need an app for that?

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a douche, but it would take just as long to do the simple math in your head as it would to pull out your phone and punch in some numbers.

6. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    I don't know. I'm a Carvin junkie and they JUST posted this on Facebook. They may have one later. I have a blackberry, so non of this applies to me, but I thought it would be great to share.

7. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    Well, if this got stickied, people could DL it to their phone and we wouldn't have to keep answering the same questions every few weeks.

It also has FAQ about Impedance, it is free so how unnecessary is it?.

8. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    I didn't know that it had FAQ.

As a blackberry user, you most of all should feel the pain of having unnecessary added apps on your phone. My Tour is the slowest thing in the world if I don't keep absolutely everything to the bare minimum.

People also don't read the stickies. There's surely stickies about how to add resistance in series and in parallel, and it doesn't stop the question from being asked.

9. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    Perhaps you should have read the whole post instead of the title. It does have a FAQ.:bag: J/K

10. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Where? :confused:

;)

11. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    :spit: