Carvin is back baby!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BIGEJ2, Jan 23, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

None of MY Carvin power amps have ever caught fire. All have worked flawlessly. I have six!

Their basses are a dream to play and I have three six string basses, my avatar shows one, and a five string I built using their parts.

I think your comment was unjustified.

jnewmark likes this.
  2. If bankruptcy hasn't been filed then, the company leadership is free to do what they want with the company. This whole situation only indicates a change in direction for the them and should not be surprising given the current state of affairs to other American corporations in this industry. I would like to hear from some of those TBr's who are working for other companies in the industry and can give their take on this change.

3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    This is true. In today's world of instant information, anybody can edjacate themselves on how Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy works, and what it's possible ramifications are for the consumer. There's no excuse to claim you got ripped off because you didn't do your homework.

countrybass5 likes this.
  4. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Specifically, when you file bankruptcy you have to precisely document what you do, or may, owe to anyone so that your assets can be divided or so that the restructure can be done soundly. There is no way to pinpoint the dollar value of the liability on a group of warranties for a company the size of Carvin.

In other words, I am rather sure they canceled warranties at the direction of the court, and likely hated doing it but had to in order to survive. It does suck.

two fingers likes this.
  5. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    All I know is I'm glad Jeff and his dad split and has taken Kiesel to another level now. I personally won't play on anything else, nothing I've ever played has matched the bass I built last year and waiting for another killer build in the works.

two fingers likes this.
  6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You've been here long enough to know we don't do that here. Take it outside.

7. I am hoping they can come back.
    OK, mostly because i don't want my amp to be an orphan that no one else will work on.
    In my world, they have gone from being mostly a rumor to actual stuff you might be
    able to see and touch over the last 5 - 10 years.
    It looked to me like they were about to be truley main stream.
    Then they pull the plug?

??????????

Why didn't they throw in the towel when to only ones to ever know anything about them
    were the folks that lived more or less next door?

If they are to make a come back, they will need to build on what they had going for them
    and get some serious marketing going on.
    That and do something to regain our trust.
    If I could walk in my local GC, play an amp that blew me away and know it had a lifetime
    warrenty like the old Acoustics, I'd be impressed.

At this point, they would need to invent something like an SVT that was half the weight
    and half the price and more unbreakable than a Peavey, just to get our attention.

Perhaps this is all a way of easing into offshore production.
    Dunno.
    Just speculating.

ezra1 likes this.
  8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I like their basses and guitars as well, but I've seen 2 or 3 Carvin powered PA boards go up in smoke literally. But for some reasons their rack mount power amps have been reliable so go figure.

9. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    I never bought anything from them, but I always enjoyed their catalog in middle school.

micgtr71, Mvilmany and Al Kraft like this.
  10. Alacajun

Alacajun Guest

Mar 19, 2000
    Thank you, TF...

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i don't think i've purchased carvin gear either. but i'm about to pull the trigger on some of the "liquidation" stuff (PA parts) --- we'll see how that goes!

12. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Cary, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    Jeeze. Give me more cab/amp cutomization and maybe I'll take a poke around the website again.

13. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    NI! :)

SactoBass likes this.
  14. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    why?

15. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    People will vehemently defend their own right to a fair trial, but condemn a company with little knowledge or facts about what is actually going on :thumbsup:

Sounds about right.

I'll wait for the facts if any. It could have been described as a messy split with Carvin/Kiesel to begin with, I have no inclination to assume what's going on behind closed doors with bankruptcy policies clouding the picture, and or hearsay about such issues.

If this was truly a shady, underhanded scheme, then they'll have lynched themselves and I'll be right on board with whoever wants to tie the noose.

If this is a way to bring jobs and gear back to employees and consumers, then I applaud their perseverance in spite of what's happened.

16. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    This is good info and should be added to your OP. Also, your thread title sounds very positive but you said their business ethics make you sick.

BIGEJ2 and blubass like this.
  17. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    They're not the real carvin!

7f9676f044c2f4d89145a0f273579a18--ladders.jpg

BadExample likes this.
  18. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Just in case it was missed earlier: There was no bankruptcy!

19. The Carvin stuff never did it for me. I've never played through their amps, cabs, or on their basses and really felt any connection at all. The word "sterile" comes to mind. Just my experience, if you dig it, get down on it!

If I wanted a price point bass amp I'd go Peavey or Crate every time. And Peavey's basses, well, they are actually becoming known as classics in their own right.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  20. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    Are you a mod? generally I use the "report" button but I haven't been here as long as you

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.