1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin/Kiesel Build # 5 - “Fine Espresso”

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheOxRocks, May 10, 2019.

1. So after moving from New York to Florida and spending the past four months re-carpeting and generally re-tooling the apartment to our liking, as well as getting used to an entirely new neighborhood and environment... THIS is what my beautiful, generous wife decides I need as a combined Father's Day/anniversary gift: Carvin/Kiesel build # 5, "Fine Espresso".

After telling her how much it would cost, I got the usual response: "Order it before I change my mind."

Expected arrival date: mid- to late-August.

THE SPECS:
    Icon Flamed Maple Series 4-String Electric Bass
    Right Handed
    Fretless Ebony Fingerboard
    White Fretless Lines (Must Order F)
    Hard As Nails Fretless Fingerboard Finish
    Ebony Fingerboard (Less Color Variation)
    Bookmatched Figured Claro Walnut Top
    Clear Gloss Finish (Standard)
    Walnut Neck & Body
    5-Piece Walnut Neck w/ 2 Maple Stripes
    Neck Covered By Optional Top Wood
    Figured Walnut Headstock Matches Body Finish
    14in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
    Chambered Body (Must Order Optional Top Wood)
    Black Hardware
    Kiesel Radium Radiused Single Coil Pickups
    Black Pickups
    Drop Shadow Gold Metallic Logo
    Dunlop Super Bright Medium Gauge Roundwound Nickel Plated Strings
    IVN - Ivory Graph Tech TUSQ Nut
    SC8 - Black Ultimate Soft Bass Case

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Sounds/looks like it'll be a great bass. I'm a Carvin/Kiesel fan, for sure. Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get it. :thumbsup:

3. Bass nickname changed to “Fine Espresso” after some discussion on the Kiesel message boards.

4. ronin614

ronin614

May 15, 2008
    New York
    Kiesel #5? Nice!!!

It sounds like it’s going to be a beautiful instrument!!!

I received my first Kiesel about two weeks ago and I’m really happy with it. Still not sure about keeping the strings that came on it, but I LOVE the bass.

Please post pics when it arrives. NOW GOOD LUCK WITH THE WAIT!!!:roflmao::thumbsup:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021