1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Carvin / Kiesel Icon 5 Beautiful quilt top!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gt96g, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:46 PM.

1. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    This one's hard, but after much internal deliberation I have decided to let go of this beautiful Carvin Icon 5. It almost stealthed out but in a very natural way. The intense quilted maple top and matching head stock veneer gives this bass all the character you could ask for. It has a three band pre with sweepable mids and active/passive push pull on the volume knob, carvin brand single coil pickups. Woods to my knowledge are maple through neck, ash body wings, ebony fingerboard.

It has an incredibly huge sound and immense flexibility from the sweepable mids.

I'm really needing to downsize my collection so trades are not in the cards for this one.

There are a couple of small blemishes. One finish chip on the treble side of the bridge pickup and a small blemish on the back near input jack. Both are photographed.

Weight is 9.4lbs on the bathroom scale, seeking 900 OBO shipped with non original case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 6:20 AM
  2. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I have an Icon 5 and it’s a smoking bass. Very underrated

gt96g likes this.
  3. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Very tempting but I’m slimming down my herd. Glwts, it won’t take long.

4. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Thanks, I agree. Should be gone soon.

bbh likes this.
  5. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Added OBO. Taking cash offers. Got a lot of gear to move and this is only bass one.