1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Carvin LB-75A Anniversary Model

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    TRADED

I just recently acquired this one in a trade. I was skeptical at first as I've never been a Carvin fan boy. I must say, my opinion has been drastically changed. This bass has significantly exceeded my expectations in build quality, playability, and sound. It has the music man humbucker and humbucking jazz pickup. Neck thru with an amazing quilt maple top. This particular bass has the optional Piezo bridge which offers a whole new spectrum of tones. It does a great jazz bass tone and also cops a really aggressive stingray type tone. Narrow string spacing and super low action. You can literally fly on this bad boy. The action is significantly lower than any of my other basses....(Fender P5, Lakland 55-02). I have no qualms in keeping this one, as I've really come to like it. However, I have gas for a Music Man SR5, a Lakland 5 string (DJ5, JO5, 55-02), passvie J or P bass 4 bangers. also open to cabs and/or heads. willing to add cash for the right trade

I'm not going to sell this one. If I can't get what I want in trade, I'll keep it. It really is an amazing bass. Also cames with all the case candy. Truss adjustment tool, HSC, picks, a Carvin padded leather strap, dunlop strap locks.

This bass originally sold for more that $1600.

EDIT: I've decided to put a cash price on this as I'm willing to sell now. $850 obo + shipping. . Make me an offer!!!! This bass is in premo condition. There is not a bump, scratch, or ding on it that I can find. The previous owner never played it as he couldn't get used to the 5 strings. I'm the second owner and this thing slams. It's just a little hi-fi sounding for my tastes. Think Ken Smith type tone. I don't mind keeping it to cover that area of tone in my arsenal, but I don't have much call for hi-fi at the moment. Just had Joe Hencliff at Corner do a set up on it and the action is by far the lowest on any of my basses currently. He got it even lower than I had it prior (which I thought was already silly low).

Specs From Carvin:
    construction neck through
    scale length 34"
    body alder back, AAAA flamed maple top, thin walnut center; rounded body sides
    neck 5-piece maple/walnut
    fingerboard ebony, 14" radius
    inlays pearl white dots
    neck width 1.75" wide @ nut, 2.75" wide @ 24th fret
    hardware chrome
    bridge Hipshot™ A-style with strings-though-body
    tuners Carvin premium tuners, 20:1 ratio
    frets 24 medium-jumbo, .103 wide X .048 tall
    pickups H50S stacked humbuckers
    electronics 18V active/passive, volume, pickup blend....piezo blend, bass, mid, treb, coil tap for humbucker.
    strings Carvin medium-light roundwounds
    dimensions 45 3/8" long, 12.5" wide, 1 5/8" thick body
    weight 9.25 lbs

Carvin.

That's a stock image from the Carvin site. I can get pics for those interested. The only difference is, mine has 6 knobs. Vol/tone/piezo blend/bass/mid/treb. Mine has the optional matching headstock as well. Thanks for looking!

2. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump

3. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    pms replied to

4. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Bump for a cool bass and a cool dude too!! No carvin love huh?

5. BezzarBass

BezzarBass Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Wondering why so little love for the Carvin's as well? Great necks, great sounds (actually unique sounds from what I can tell) and quality builds. I've had 5 of them (not counting the AC-50, that is another story) and all are/were worthy. Enlighten me...

6. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    well thing about this particular bass is it is quite amazing, and like I said, I really don't mind keeping it. The string spacing is very comfy and so is the neck. Amazingly so that I reach for it every night when I go to practice. The electronics are top notch and fit and finish are second to none. The quilt top is absolutely stunning on the bass.

The ONLY reason I want to trade is for something a little more traditional. This is a great modern bass. 24 frets (I haven't had 24 frets in years and I'm really diggin' having them again.) I'm not one that's really big on quilt tops and fancy woods or what not. For me, it's mostly an aesthetic thing more than anything else. I would rather have a plain natural, sunburst, or solid color finish. Hope that answers your question.

7. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Holy Crap! page 14!!! bump this up..

8. Bassist01545

Bassist01545

Jun 30, 2006
    Cash price?

Any photos of the back of the bass?

thanks

9. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    no cash price...only looking to trade. thanks.

can get pics of the back later today. it's pretty standard though. two battery boxes for the 18v pre and the cavity cover for the back route.

10. Bassist01545

Bassist01545

Jun 30, 2006
    PM sent

11. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    It would 'really' help motivate people to potentially trade if you put quality pictures in the thread. Having to chase a seller for photo's always seems 'shady' to me.

If you're proud of it and want a quality bass in trade... put photo's up to motivate people.

IMHO.

12. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    HPIM1131.
    HPIM1132.
    HPIM1133.
    HPIM1137.
    HPIM1138.
    HPIM1139.
    HPIM1140.

13. Bassist01545

Bassist01545

Jun 30, 2006
    Stunning and I find Carvins to be greatly under rated, and don't getthe recognition they deserve.

If you decide to go for a cash deal, please let me know

Good luck.

14. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've just added a cash price. let me know if you're still interested.

15. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump

16. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I believe all PMs have been replied too. also dropped the price a little. make me an offer. I've found a couple of things I want to buy, but need to free up the cash first.

17. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump

18. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    What's the string spacing at the bridge on this beauty?

19. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    it's narrow. 17mm I believe. It feels similar to a Stingray 5 spacing to me. Narrower than my Fender P5 and Lakland 55-02 (which are 19mm IIRC). I actually find the narrow spacing very comfortable and it hasn't been a problem for me to get re-aquainted with. It makes fast moving passages easier to play for me.

20. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump...would also consider a trade for a good 410 cab or head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.