Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin LB70 - upgraded w/ many options $750 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KB, Jun 2, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Well I have decided to sell my Carvin LB70 bass as I just don't really play it anymore. It has many nice options and upgrades. here is the description:

1999 Carvin LB70
    Neck through bass
    Alder body
    Classic 3 tone sunburst finish
    matching headstock
    Rounded body sides
    Black Hardware
    Tung Oiled maple neck (for very fast and silky smooth play)
    Dunlop straplocks (I will also include the strap with the straplocks)
    Truss rod wrench
    3 band EQ (active) with pop-up battery compartment
    Ebony Fretboard (24 frets)
    J99 (single coil, probably one of the best pups Carvin makes) neck pickup
    Carvin stock hard case
    Carvin Hipshot D-tuner on E-string

Now for the upgrades:
    It originaly had the not-so-great Carvin HB4 Musicman pickup at the bridge. That sounded fairly bad. I had it reaplaced with the nice Duncan Basslines ceramic magnet Musicman pickup (for a great improvement in the sound)
    I also had the standard Carvin parallel/split toggle switch (the one fore the MM pup) changed to a 3 way toggle (parallel/split/series) for the Basslines pup. This gives it a lot more meaty tonal options.

The bass has a few very small nicks (hard to photograph) ---1 on the side of the body and a little rubing at the tip of the headstock), but I would call the bass 9.8 out of 10 condition

I'd like to get $750 (shipped in lower 48 US states) for it, but I might be willing to negotiate a little. This is a lot less than what I paid originally for the bass (even before the switch and basslines upgrade). Let me know if you have any questions or want more info. Email, PM or post here if interested.

-KB

[​IMG]

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    another shot:

[​IMG]

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    back of bass
    Note: the dark mark in the middle of the back is just "figuring" in the maple (it is under the finish).

[​IMG]

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I am very open to negotiating on the price. If no interest soon then it is off to ebay.

-KB

5. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Off to ebay, but I will gladly end the auction early if a TBer wants it for a decent price.

Carvin on ebay