Carvin LB75 Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joen, Sep 17, 2000.

1. joen

Sep 2, 2000
    Anyone out there using the LB75? Read some reviews on Harmony Central. Mostly positive except for Support Staff attitudes. Looking for my first 5 string bass. Currently using a 62 re-issue Jazz and Precision / RIC 4003 and Guild Starfire II. What preference do you like on the pickup combination choices?
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    H50N for the neck..
    and the Double Coil Humbucker for the Bridge..
    I would recommend that you get the BB75.. It has an asymetrical profile neck.. and a larger body.
  3. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

I've been playing an LB75 for about year now. For the most part, I love it. I have the dual stacked humbuckers (J-style) and the sound is clear and slightly thin at times. I would like to have a bit more 'oommph' on the lower end, but I'm still experimenting with string/amp/EQ combinations, so it may be possible.

Craftsmanship is excellent, finish is beautiful (Crimson Red semi-transparent), and the design is great.
  4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    i have one, i just love it. though i wish it had a longer scale because i get a click when i finger (then again i finger it pretty hard).
  5. I HAD a '91 LB75 for 9 yrs. and for the most part loved it. It had what I considered the best looking of the Carvin body designs(91-97) If you compare the new 'look' to one of the early '90's basses you'll see what I mean.

The only catagories I was left 'wanting' was the tone of the 34" scale B string and the 'thin' sound of the single coil H50N p/ups.

Overall a great bass. I would still have it had I not played a 35" scale 5 string Spector......:)
  6. :eek:

The LB 75 was my first 5 string. It did the job well!
    They didn't have the Music Man style humbucker when I got mine. I probably would have gone with that.