Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin LB75 fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jelloyacket, Feb 12, 2006.

1. jelloyacket

jelloyacket bass > guitar

Jun 14, 2002
    McMurray, PA
    I have a fretless Carvin 5-string for sale or trade. SOLD

It plays and sounds great. Nice thin neck, Lakland flatwound strings, dual J-style pickups and active electronics. It is alder, with maple neck, and unlined ebony fingerboard. It also looks pretty sweet, with its transparent blue neckthrough and gold harware.

The only problem is due to a UPS mishap. Two of the control knobs took a big hit (through the packaging material I guess), and were slightly pushed into the control cavity. It does not affect the sound or operation of the controls, it just looks bad up close. I think it could be fixed with a little piece of ebony or brass, sort of a little "pickguard" for the control knobs. Again, it does not affect playability.

Pricewise, I'm open to suggestions, but I think $325 shipped is a fair price, considering a shop estimated $125 to make the little plate and install it (a new bass would run close to $1000). If you're handy, the fix could probably be done cheaper. I'm also open to trade/cash combinations; I'm looking for some Acme cabs, or most things that say Raven Labs on them. Or throw an idea out and maybe I'll bite.

I'm selling the Carvin since I play my Godin A5 fretless more often, and can't justify having a mostly unused bass.

Drop me a pm for pictures, more description, or sound bites.

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Pics?

3. jelloyacket

jelloyacket bass > guitar

Jun 14, 2002
    McMurray, PA
    Sorry, it just sold.