1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD CARVIN LB76 Lined Fretless 6-String - All Black "Stealth" bass - $375 shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD!

Note: please post all questions, inquiries, etc on this "megathread": http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5418300

This is a Carvin LB76 lined fretless 6. In rough cosmetic condition, but plays like butter; some of the lowest action I've encountered. As you can see, the body was routed to lower the bridge down (to get the action even lower). I was going to use some black pickguard material to fill the route/gap, but never got around to it. I will also be heading down to Carvin and getting a new truss rod cover. Other than the route, just some scratches/scuffs in the finish and the one finish chip on the back/lower horn (visible in the pic of the back). The action is REALLY super low and the neck is very comfortable. Specs:

Body: Alder
    Neck: Maple Neck-Thru
    Pickups: Carvin H50 Jazz
    Preamp/EQ: Carvin 9V Bass/Treble
    Tuners: Black Sperzel Locking Tuners
    Bridge: Black Hipshot A-Style (adjustable spacing, 16.25mm standard)
    Scale: 34"

Because of the cosmetic condition, asking only $375 shipped in the continental US w/gig bag ($25 more for a hardshell case). International shipping is fine, just PM me for a ship quote. PayPal is preferred. No trades right now (unless it's REALLY good!). :)

Ordering this exact bass would cost over $1K from Carvin direct. This is a great price for a USA neck-thru.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    In addition to having the body below it routed, was the bridge moved from its original position vertically, or was it kept in the exact same position?

3. false404

false404

Aug 14, 2005
    Wow... That's a killer deal! What's the knob configuration? Vol/blend/bass/treb?

4. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    That bass is practically begging for some black coated/tape strings...

5. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I didn't do the mods; the previous owner did, but I'm assuming it's in the same place as I haven't had any intonation issues. There don't seem to be any additonal bridge holes, but I've never taken off the bridge to find out. On closer inspection, looks like one of the bridge screws in cracked off (doesn't really matter since the other 3 are sufficient to keep the bridge on).

Exactly - V/B/B/T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.