1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin LB90 tuner options

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gorn, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    What are my options for new tuners?
    IMG_0496_zps2b9fd0cb.
    IMG_0498_zps835be1fa.

2. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

Gotoh GB 707 would look very nice

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The Hipshot 3/8 Ultralites would look great, as well. Somebody somewhere cited a source for the "lic'd" Hipshot imports which are actually quite nice and affordable. Either way, you'll be happy.

Riis

4. Just curious,did you have any problems with the Carvin tuners? I ask because I just got 5 of them for a build I'm working on.Haven't installed them yet and am hoping they're decent quality?

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    They function fine but they've been through a lot in 26 years. I just want something that feels more solid.

6. Thanks! I feel better now!

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This sometimes works...

Remove the screw & tuning button, flip the plastic and metal washers over (each 180 deg), add some loctite to the screw and re-assemble. You can also polish up the spacer / washers surfaces by lightly rubbing on some fine sandpaper.

Riis

8. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

that works too, but if you decide to replace them, gotoh tuners feel very solid