1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

carvin LM12 or LM15 for lightweight rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sonicnuance, Sep 1, 2008.

1. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
  2. When I bough my PM15s (previous version of the LM15) for my PA I tried one out with my bass. They sounded surprisingly good. I preferred my Acmes though so it didn't go further than a trial.

Paul

3. sonicnuance

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm considering something for a bass stage monitor btw. This looks very interesting.

4. sonicnuance

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    would I be better off for bass monitoring purposes to use this or a dedicated "bass cabinet" (ie. bergantino, epifani, etc)?

I'm not trying to get character out of the cabinet per se. When I use headphones the preamp sounds great, so I'm fine with a reproduction of that.

Thanks again

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    You may find that using these PA speakers for bass won't give you enough volume before the bottom end craps out, It'll depend on how loud you play. The little PA cabinets are designed more for vocal use than full range reproduction at higher volumes and don't put out much solid bass below about 80 Hz.

Myself, I'd just get a good small, light bass cabinet for a monitor. Some guys have had success using a tilt back type cabinet set up facing them forward of the band. That way it works as a stage monitor that puts out some bass. They let the real PA handle the full band mix.

Do some experimenting to see what works for you.