1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin LSX1053

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Crockettnj, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    bought from Tber liamg, in really terrific condition, except its missing the front grill.

I'd prefer local (hence THIS thread)

but I can ship too.

reasonable offers in the $225 ball park would be appropriate.

partial trades for KL3012LF, a crate powerblock, a darsktar pickup, jazz pickups, quality tuning machines for a 4 string bass, or an SX maple neck considered.

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

.. got pictures ?

3. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Not yet. I will get them Sunday if all goes well. I'll post.

FWIW, visually it is mint save for the missing grill.

4. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Worth every penny... I love mine to death! Bump for you...

5. how clear is the sound on this?

6. isn't the LSx series powered? or are those the LSr? I'm confused!

These were tempting me a lot while I was still playing out.

7. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The LSX-1503-A is the powered one I believe.

8. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Yes, the LS1503 was the one with carpet, the LSx1503 is the spray on coating. I've had one of each, and personally prefer the LSx! I wish I had the cash to pick this one up, I'd love to have another one!

9. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Its a real nice cab, and it really does a terrific job at being what I WISHED my Peavey 1516 was back in 1990.

The bottom is full, the mids highs are clear. Its not hifi though, in that to my ear the lows are a little bit more emphasized, without EQ, than the mids and highs. Probably a good thing, but we are all different.

I tinker with stuff FAR more than I play out, so as much as I could find eternal bass bliss in this cab, It's up for sale. I just HAD to pull the trigger on a darkstar, and this is slated to pay for it and some nice sadowsky flats and another little surprise for my project bass.

anyway,

Its the LSX version, which is non powered and with the Rhino coat/ duratex style black finish. Its all in really good shape, except for the missing grill.

I also have a PV basic 40 combo amp in good shape that I will toss in if anyone in the area wants to grab a package deal. I'll drive within an hour, if you are the kind of guy who'll buy me some Mickey D's ;-)

Anyway, she's here.

10. bkim

bkim

Apr 28, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    pm sent