1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin Molded Hardshell Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Low Main, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    SOLD

This molded hardshell Carvin case is from around 2002-2003. I’m not sure if Carvin sells these anymore. I think they’ve gone to mostly tolex cases. This will fit the B4, B5, the LB series basses, and it might also fit the Icon series. It should fit the B40 and B50, which are updated versions of the B4 and B5, but I don’t think it will fit the SB series.

This case is in very clean shape overall. Never roaded or gigged. It’s been in and out of a car a few times going to and from lessons. Comes with the original key for the locking latch.

Price is 60.00 boxed and shipped CONUS only. Payment by either PayPal or USPS money order is fine.

IMG_02821.

IMG_02851.

2. Low Main

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I need to clarify previous comments about the fit of the inside of the case.

I realize I only mentioned the Carvin basses that I thought would fit or not.

I should also say that that I tried several different non-Carvin basses that I have on hand at the moment, and none of them fit the case.

These included Yamaha BB style basses, G&L L-2000, Lakland 44-01 and Osborn 4, Fender CIJ active Jaguar, Spector NSCR basses, and a Godin Acoustibass.

My conclusion is that the case is really designed for Carvin basses.

If it fit any of the basses I tried, I'd keep it and use it.

3. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I'll take it! I'll send Paypal if that is cool. Thanks!

4. Low Main

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    PayPal is just fine.

Never thought I'd envy a bass case, but it's getting to go to Austin.

Many thanks!

5. Low Main

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Item is sold. Thanks for all the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.