Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin orders

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Apr 12, 2001.

1. I have a question for anyone who has ordered from carvin...

Roughly how much time would it take between the time Carvin recieves the order and the time it arrives at your door?

2. 6-8 weeks, in my experience.. I've ordered two basses from them in the past. If you happen to order something they have in stock, it could be much less.

3. fisk

fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you are talking about an amp, those are usually in stock so your talking about a week or less. I had my Rc210 in about a week and four of those days were travel time from calif to indpls.

Obviously it depends on where you live also. somewhere in San Diego would be faster than....say... Maine.

fisk

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I had what was considered a "small parts" order, which was two cables, and I got them in about 5 days.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Ah, the time honored Carvin question, "when's Santa coming?" ;)

fisk is dead on, in light my experience with 2 amps. As for the bass I ordered last winter, it took 10 weeks instead of the 12 months on the postcard. However, it could have been finished earlier, but it had every possible doodad except for the engraved truss rod cover.

From what I've seen lately at the Carvin board, the basses are running pretty true to the postcard dates lately. I think the P option has them swamped, plus, the half-off on options is soon to expire. One of the Carvin guys says he can't wait for it to end. Evidently, it has pumped up sales, but he says they're taking a beating on the exotic woods.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I've ordered a bass and amp through Carvin. My bass arrived a week prior to the date on the postcard (d**n near pi**ed myself with joy). I've heard many others say that theirs also arrived a week prior to the date.

My amp arrived in less than 10 days if memory serves.

I have yet to receive the mail order bride and assault rifle I ordered from them in Oct. '92. Be weary.

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

jazzbo says - "Give me all the veggies in yer cart lady, and I just might let you see the sun tomorra' "

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    DIE STRAWBERRY! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

(And later): Ahh, fresh strawberry jam.

[​IMG]