1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin PB-100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sammy Camden, Jul 4, 2001.

1. OK! I'm still in the middle of my quest for a new practice amp, lightweight, with around 100W of power. I bought an SWR Workingman's 10 a few months ago. Nicely built amp, but I just couldn't get into the sound. So, I sold it. Broke even.

Now, regarding the Carvin PB-100. Here we have a 100W, 35 lb amp, or reasonably small dimensions. But! How does it sound? What about the quality? Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm looking mainly for its application with a P-Bass. I don't expect a single 10" speaker to give a whole lot of response to the low end of a 5-string.

Thanks!

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    On the website it says that it gets full response down to 51hz which is not even a low E. I liked the PB100-15 except it didn't get loud enough for my need. I would say, if you play a 5er... get the 15 instead of the 10. It's only $20 more.

3. if you can take the extra weight and money (+$120), consider the PB-200; I got one a few days ago, and it sounds great. My reasoning its not terribly more pricy but it's got considerably more power. I've never tried the 100; no comment there.