Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin PB-100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sammy Camden, Jul 4, 2001.

1. OK! I'm still in the middle of my quest for a new practice amp, lightweight, with around 100W of power. I bought an SWR Workingman's 10 a few months ago. Nicely built amp, but I just couldn't get into the sound. So, I sold it. Broke even.

Now, regarding the Carvin PB-100. Here we have a 100W, 35 lb amp, or reasonably small dimensions. But! How does it sound? What about the quality? Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm looking mainly for its application with a P-Bass. I don't expect a single 10" speaker to give a whole lot of response to the low end of a 5-string.

Thanks!

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    On the website it says that it gets full response down to 51hz which is not even a low E. I liked the PB100-15 except it didn't get loud enough for my need. I would say, if you play a 5er... get the 15 instead of the 10. It's only $20 more.

3. if you can take the extra weight and money (+$120), consider the PB-200; I got one a few days ago, and it sounds great. My reasoning its not terribly more pricy but it's got considerably more power. I've never tried the 100; no comment there.