1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin PB-200 15 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bill7122, Feb 23, 2003.

1. bill7122

bill7122

Feb 23, 2003
    Albany NY area
    I'm lookin at this amp as my small club/rehersal amp. Not lookin at a huge set-up, and thought this was a good deal for the $$. Also, can hook up an extension cab in the future if need be.

Impressions? Advice?

2. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I had one of those for about three months and sold it on ebay. IMHO it sounded kind of sterile meaning it did not have that low end growl I was looking for. I think you would be much better off maybe with the Yorkville XM200. From everything I have read and heard these are supposed to be great amps and very affordable. It is 200 watts and also can add an extension cab. I just bought one and should be getting it this week. I can let you know what it sounds like if you like. They are the same price as the Carvin. and you can get free shipping. Here is a pic of the amp and a link to Gear one music's website where you can get it.[​IMG]
    Gear one music Yorkville XM200

3. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    One other thing about the Yorkville is it has a much better warranty than Carvin's one year. The Yorkville has two years on the electronics and ten years on the cab. and from what I understand even if you drop it down a flight of stairs and break it. or spill something on it, etc. within that time frame they will still fix or repair it. That is an unheard of warranty!:cool: