Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin PB-200 15 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bill7122, Feb 23, 2003.

1. bill7122

bill7122

Feb 23, 2003
    Albany NY area
    I'm lookin at this amp as my small club/rehersal amp. Not lookin at a huge set-up, and thought this was a good deal for the $$. Also, can hook up an extension cab in the future if need be.

Impressions? Advice?

2. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I had one of those for about three months and sold it on ebay. IMHO it sounded kind of sterile meaning it did not have that low end growl I was looking for. I think you would be much better off maybe with the Yorkville XM200. From everything I have read and heard these are supposed to be great amps and very affordable. It is 200 watts and also can add an extension cab. I just bought one and should be getting it this week. I can let you know what it sounds like if you like. They are the same price as the Carvin. and you can get free shipping. Here is a pic of the amp and a link to Gear one music's website where you can get it.[​IMG]
    Gear one music Yorkville XM200

3. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    One other thing about the Yorkville is it has a much better warranty than Carvin's one year. The Yorkville has two years on the electronics and ten years on the cab. and from what I understand even if you drop it down a flight of stairs and break it. or spill something on it, etc. within that time frame they will still fix or repair it. That is an unheard of warranty!:cool: