Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carvin pb200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cronus, Feb 3, 2002.

1. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    ive been saving up money for a new amp, i dont have much but ive been looking around. and i went to www.carvin.com and i saw their pb 200 for $400 i think. i thought it was a cool deal. does anyone know anything about this amp?

2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i think the general consensus is that carvins amps are a good deal for the money, but there is better stuff out there. if 400 bucks is your price range i would suggest you look into something used, hopefully an ampeg B50R or B100R. i love carvins heads, i play through an RC210 combo (R600 series 2 head) but their speakers leave something to be desired. the speakers are known for not being very efficient, and also not handling the low frequencies well. if its for a 4 string bass, and isnt going to be used in a band with drums/guitars i think it would do ok. one of the small ampeg combos would be better (even though the wattage is less) i am a big fan of the ampeg B100R with the 15 inch speaker in it. great sound, and pretty loud too.