1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin PB200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Largemouth_Bass, Aug 11, 2000.

1. Largemouth_Bass

Largemouth_Bass

Aug 11, 2000
    I am looking for a rig that I can use for practice and small to medium gigs (indoors and out). I have a good deal lined up on a Carvin PB200 15" 160W combo. If I add a 2 x 10" extension cab, will this be enough to get me past our 2 guiatarists (moderately loud) and our drummer (also moderately loud)? Please bear with my newbie questions. Thank you.

P.S. Just to be sure, the Carvin PB200 does have a line out, right?

2. Biot

Biot

May 10, 2000
    I own a carvin pb200 amp and I am very happy with it.
    I am in a band with an incredibly loud drummer and a moderaately loud guitarist who loves major distortion. The amp cuts through with the volume only at 4, and when i practice at home the amp rattels the walls of my room at volume level 2. The amp can push the internal speaker and a 2X10 cab but it only delivers 50 watts to the internal speaker if you plug in a second cab. Also it is plenty loud enough with only the internal speaker. One of the things i like most about the amp is that it has a large tonal range. Even a guitar sounds good through it. It doesn't have a dedicated line out but you can use the effects send instead. If you have any questions email me at biots@hotbot.com. If you want to know a little more about that amp you can download the manual for it at Carvin's web site.