Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin PB200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Largemouth_Bass, Aug 11, 2000.

1. Largemouth_Bass

Largemouth_Bass

Aug 11, 2000
    I am looking for a rig that I can use for practice and small to medium gigs (indoors and out). I have a good deal lined up on a Carvin PB200 15" 160W combo. If I add a 2 x 10" extension cab, will this be enough to get me past our 2 guiatarists (moderately loud) and our drummer (also moderately loud)? Please bear with my newbie questions. Thank you.

P.S. Just to be sure, the Carvin PB200 does have a line out, right?

2. Biot

Biot

May 10, 2000
    I own a carvin pb200 amp and I am very happy with it.
    I am in a band with an incredibly loud drummer and a moderaately loud guitarist who loves major distortion. The amp cuts through with the volume only at 4, and when i practice at home the amp rattels the walls of my room at volume level 2. The amp can push the internal speaker and a 2X10 cab but it only delivers 50 watts to the internal speaker if you plug in a second cab. Also it is plenty loud enough with only the internal speaker. One of the things i like most about the amp is that it has a large tonal range. Even a guitar sounds good through it. It doesn't have a dedicated line out but you can use the effects send instead. If you have any questions email me at biots@hotbot.com. If you want to know a little more about that amp you can download the manual for it at Carvin's web site.