SOLD Carvin PB5: Five String, Pearl White with Birdeye Maple Fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mike Sorr, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Manchester, NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Weird that this bass has made the rounds here on TB after only having been made a year ago. The thing is that there is absolutely no reason for it since it sounds great, plays awesome, has a super comfy neck and isn't too heavy. It even comes with one of Carvin's heavy duty soft cases. According to a previous seller the thing cost $1264 new.

So why am I offering it up yet again? If it was a 4 string I probably would be keeping it. For years I've tried to enjoy playing a low B five, but I just don't. It's that simple. I've considered stringing it E to C, but I think I'd only do that on a fretless 5 - which brings me to...

What I'm really after is a lined fretless, especially a 4, but I'd consider a 5, 34" scale. I'm also open to other fretted 4 strings.

The only flaw I can find is a paint chip on the side of the bass as shown in the photos. Also, someone replaced the pearloid truss rod cover with a black one, but it's the same bass (The chip is a dead giveaway). It was recently professionally set up with a new set of Blue Steels.

I'm looking for $700 shipped for an outright sale or a trade of similar value.

Attached Files:

2. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    trade for a sire m7?

3. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Manchester, NJ
    Fretted or fretless?

4. drewphishes

Feb 14, 2017
    Fretted

Mike Sorr likes this.
  5. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Manchester, NJ
    I know these are great basses and get rave reviews. It's not something I was thinking about, but I'll definitely keep it on the back burner. What does it look like?

6. mikeruss

mikeruss

Apr 18, 2011
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    PM sent

Mike Sorr likes this.
  7. drewphishes

Feb 14, 2017
    Like this

Attached Files:

Mike Sorr likes this.
  8. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Manchester, NJ
    And SOLD. That has to be some kind of record!

9. Puma

Puma Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2010
    UT
    Damn, I wanted this bass....

Mike Sorr likes this.