Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin Pickup and Preamp $90 for both

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by FalsehoodBass, Jul 29, 2002.

1. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    This is the stock preamp that comes with carvin basses. 501B. It's an active 3 band eq with volume and blend knobs. The volume knob is also a pull switch to make the bass passive. The battery clip is still attached. Also included is a switch that was used to make the humbucker a single or doube coil.

The pickup is the HB5W humbucking pickup for 5 string basses with wide spacing. This looks like a stingray pickup but will NOT fit a normal stingray 5 cavity.

For more info check out this page.

I'm not going to lie about this stuff. The reason i replaced it was that i didn't like the way it sounded. Everything looks and works fine though. The preamp retails for $80 and the pickup for $90. I'd take $90 for both plus shipping. If you want just one, make me an offer.

Thanks for looking
    Brian.

2. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    bump.

I'll just bump it once incase somebody missed it the first time.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    can I get a pic of the preamp harness, i might give 40 for it.

4. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    hey i don't have a digital camera, but if you wait a week, i can take a real picture and scan it.

it looks just like [The 501B Active/Passive Bass Module] on the carvin website, except that the coil switch and battery harness aren't attached.

I'll be taking pictures and developing them after halloween though, so if you still want one, let me know.

5. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Have you sold the pre amp yet?

6. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    nope... i'm getting pictures developed today if you still want to see it... It will probably take a couple of days to get the pictures back, and then i can scan them the same day.

oh and the battery clip isn't attached, but it's included.