Carvin pickup replacement question (w/ Nordy's)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Envincibal, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hi - I'm doing everything I can to keep my LB75 (purchased it new back in 97), including replacing the stock p/us with EMG (sounded pretty blah - slightly better than stock), then later with Barts (deeper tone and more articulate than the EMGs), and now replaced the stock pre with an Audere 3zb (which really helped to open up the tone - I should have replaced the Carvin pre a while ago). So now that I'm almost there with my tone (I love the sound of my Pedullas: Raptures and T-bolts), but its still missing something - its just not as edgey/growly as my Pedulla's, so I was thinking about putting in an Nordstrand NJ5S set.
    2 quick questions:
    * Does anyone know if the Nordy's will work with Carvin's string spacing (the pickups will fit @ 3.72", but I worry about the pole pieces lining up: I had that problem with my 1st set of Barts I bought for my Carvin)?
    * Will the Nordy's 'wake up' the bass?

If it matters, I'm play metal/rock - currently in a Maiden tribute band.

thanks,
    Jon

2. Grissle

Grissle

May 17, 2009
    Slight string/pole horizontal misalignments won't have any impact on string output/balance because the string/s are still in the same magnetic field. And Nordy pups as you know are as good as they get, and my guess is they'll sound great.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021