SOLD Carvin PJ5 Seafoam green, insane flame maple/abalone. Mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timmy-Watts, May 16, 2016.

1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    I took this as half of a 2 for 1 trade deal. The other is a functional twin of this one, and I'm keeping that one. It's just more my conservative aesthetic. If my full time gig was an oldies, punk, surf, or reggae band, the green one would rule. The abalone is beautiful, and the flame on the maple fingerboard is insane, like 3-D. The frets are in perfect condition.

It's in mint condition. Plays awesome. I have heard Carvin electronics have a rep for being sterile or weak. Not so here. These recent beasts nail the vintage tone and output and sound like they should. The preamp reminds me of an Aguilar OBP-2 in function and tone. I halfway expected to flip one of these and gut the other. I'm keeping the blue one as I said, and I'm leaving it as-is. The pickups and electronics are excellent.

Here is the last sale thread.
    SOLD - Carvin PB5
    He got the asking price, and I'm going to keep it right there, since it is a bargain. Shipping is included in North America. Comes with the like-new condition Carvin heavy padded gig bag. That is also excellent.

As far as trades, I'm pretty set in the bass department. I'd consider greenboy cabs, +/- cash to make it even. Worst I can say is no. Lowball trades will be ignored. Thanks for looking!
    Obviously, the green one...
    20160513_162534.jpg

flyman and wolffire99 like this.
  2. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    Very nice looking PB5. The blue one is very nice too.
    GLWTS

Timmy-Watts likes this.
  3. Benbart

Benbart

Jan 16, 2014
    Manchester nh
    Any interest in a Orange Terror Bass 500 Combo 2-12?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021