Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin pro bass 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by loudmouth, Apr 16, 2001.

1. loudmouth

loudmouth

Mar 22, 2001
    i was just wondering if any one has this amp and what they think about it. or if you do not what amp you have. I would be using this for all size gigs and church youth group. thanx for your help

2. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    loudmouth,
    It's not a terrible amp, but it's not a great amp. I've had for a little under a year and I bought it before I was in a band. Now I'm saving up for a something with some more power. If I was only playing small jazz gigs and stuff, it would be fine for that, but if you're looking for an amp that will let you play all size gigs, you should look at some used gear and get at least 300 watts, in my opinion. And as far as speaker cabs, that depends on the sound you're looking for. It would be better to go that route, even if you can only afford to get a head and one speaker cab, you'll be better in the long run, because you can always add more speaker and increase your sound. I hope this has been informative.
    Dirk