1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin pup Q

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by blackreverend, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hey All,
    Just a quick question to anyone who has replaced the pickups in their Carvin Basses - I have an LB76 with the bridge humbucker
    what are some suggestions for pups that i could drop right in?
    With and without preamp suggestions are welcome.

Oh yes, to avoid some confusion about what I want, the pups and pre are shot and I need to replace period, so it's not a matter of not liking the Carvin sound. I don't want to simply do Carvin pups again, as the exposed poles on the humbucker will rust here in Hawaii.

Thanks
    BR

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I would look at Nordstrand for a replacement.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yeah, you have a choice between Nordstrand and a few other companies that make a drop in replacement without exposed poles. You also have a choice of preamps. I'd just do a search and pick the ones that looked good to me. Asking for opinions only gets you a bunch of other person's viewpoints which are fine for that person but probably won't match what your idea of ideal sound is.

Most of the high profile companies make good products.

4. Thanks for the advice, but what I was asking for were model numbers and such.

5. hm, let me narrow this down a bit - to anyone who had a Carvin and replaced the pups with Barts, can you please post the model numbers you used? (neck single coil and bridge humbucker)

6. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Contact Carey Nordstrand to find out what PU would fit. They can do custom too. The Nordstrands will be a huge improvement in tone. I would take the opportunity to change the pre to a Nordy or Aguilar to get the most out of it. It'll literally be a different bass.

7. let's hear some more please!