Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin R1000 vs. Hartke HA7000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Knack, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Carvin R1000

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. Hartke HA7000

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Neither, there is a better option

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Knack

Knack

Mar 25, 2002
    New York City
    They cost about the same. Which do you think is better? Or is there a better bi-amp head for less than $700?

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    IMO the Carvin is a better amp. I just don't really like the sound of Hartke's, and I'm pretty satisfied with my R600. Hartke's are kind of cold if you ask me. The Carvin is also bridgeable and is built to last.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I owned a Hartke 7000. Pretty good amp and loud! I bought it used and it died about a year later. I tried the Carvin R1000 for a 15 day tryout and really liked it too. They sound alot different from each other. Even though I could cop a pretty good Ampeg sounding tone from the Carvin, I sent it back and bought an Ampeg B4R because of the 5 year warranty and the fact that no repair people want to work on anything Carvin in my area. If a problem came up I would have to ship the amp to california. On the other hand I have an ampeg repairman in my area if I need repair in the 5 year warrany period. Plus Ampeg is only 90 miles down the road from me. So yeah it is worth the extra $300. fro 4 more years of warranty. On top of that the Ampeg tone is what I wanted anyway.

So i guess what i'm saying is, yeah there is another option> save another $300 and buy the b4r. Wherther that is a better option or not is up to you.

4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    For my tastes, the Carvin is significantly better.

5. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    Ive played a Hartke HA2000 and loved it, so Im gonna go with the Hartke.