Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin R1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Feb 17, 2004.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm looking to get one of these amps. Anyone have any experience with it? I like the idea of having 1000w running bridged into 4 ohms! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. To answer your question, no I have no experience with it.

But, I suggest you do a search on this forum, there are many threads that discuss the pros and cons of this amp. My general impression is that it is a fairly reliable, although not fabulous sounding amp. some people love them, some hate them. Like all amps I guess.

You might want to try the discussion board at the Carvin web site. I'm sure they'll give you lots of feedback.

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    He'll only get good feedback at the carvin website, because any bad feedback is deleted by the nazi mods there. :p

I have tried several before, and they've all left me disappointed. They are very quiet for 1000 watts, their power amps clip very easily, and the tone is just sort of bleh. Plus, they are notorious for having many reliability problems. :ninja: