Carvin R1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Roger Heroux, Sep 1, 2000.

1. I am interested in the R1000.I'm playing a Carvin LB75 in a New Country/Classic Rock band. My Yamaha B100II is very out dated.I like 12ax7 tube pre-amp, 1000watts/2ohm and bi-amp with a switch. Any others I should consider?
  2. Roger.. depends how much money you can spend, but the SWR SM-900 is comparable, power-wise, and IMO sounds a lot better. I witnessed an A-B test between an SM-900 and a Carvin R600 through Carvin cabs and the difference was striking. I can't imagine the R1000 sounds any different tone-wise than the R600, it's just more powerful. But the SM-900 costs twice as much as the R1000, of course.
    I just checked your profile and noticed you have an Eden D-210XLT. If you got an SM-900 and another Eden 210 and ran the amp in stereo with one cab on each side.. WOW! That would be an awesome rig.
  3. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I'm a very happy R1000 owner. Great sound, no complaints whatsoever, although I'm sure that an amp twice the price would have a better sound.
  4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Get the Carvin. It is my dream rig. I think it easily compares to the SWR, FORGET about the price, DONT THINK that the others sound better because they are expensive.
    Carvin rules. PERIOD.
    I have also read that it is TRULY versatile, you can get an SWR or an Ampeg sound very easily. I suggest you get it with the 4x10 and 1x15 cabinets. (RL1015)

There are other threads about Carvins in this category. Please follow them and you will see what Im talking about.