Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin R1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bijoux, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Hey guys I just got a Carvin R1000 Red Line series 3, and I am truly impressed with it, I paid $650 new, for that kind of money you can't even get close to having 1000watts! it's an amazing amp, very clear sounding, cool features, and lots, lots of power, and then some more power, I use two bag ends 2x10's with the coaxial driver and the deep cabinet, those speakers have never sounded better, check it out!

2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    i too have the carvin R1000. lots of versatility and power. i love the way it sounds through my ampeg 8x10. i can get virtually any sound from it, and i, unlike most that ive heard, use the compression a little to avoid overpowering my speakers.

the noise gate doesnt seem like it works, but it does, seems impractical.

three options for tone shaping. preset buttons for boosting. four knobs for bass, mid sweep, and treble. and i love the graphic eq. makes a lot of difference when you want an original tone.

i still have yet to bridge it, i have not needed that much power, it has enough with 350 ino 4 ohms. i havent used the direct out, or the effects loop, i have only one multi effects, and i rarely use it.

and above all else, its cheap, light and very heavy duty. i got mne used for 450 shipped.

worth every penny.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I bought a Carvin RC210 a couple years ago and it served me great. I've since "upgraded" to a bigger rig, but still use the power section of the R600 head. The Carvin head is very versatile, with tons of EQ options. I agree with you about the noise gate; it's useless. Carvin ought to either put a usable gate in there or just take it out and put the resources into something else on the amp.

4. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I just got a r600 off of ebay for $400 about 2 months ago. So far i like it, but im still learing how to use all the features and get different kinds of sounds. I play it through an avatar 210, and its louder than i'll ever need.

5. I have been using my freinds series II R600 amp and during a show last summer the amp decided to set itself on fire and the whole circuitry and the power coils and everything were destroyed. The bar I was playing in was hot but there was adequate cooling for the amps. My friend sent it back to carvin and they were more than happy to replace it. Has this ever happened to anyone else? or was this a freak occurance? I am looking to buy a new series III R600 and I don't want this sort of thing to happen to me.

It was an awesome amp and I am still looking towards purchasing a new R600 (I have a PB200 and that is great as well). They are very clear sounding with alot of cool features.