Carvin R600......any good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TJBass, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Thinking about going down to carvin here in san diego, anyone have experience with this head, if so, what do you thin of the RC210, its a 600 watt combo with 2-10's, or should I go with the R600 head and a 4-10 cab?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

As an owner of two Carvins, the RL1018 and the Cyclops, (2 different heads in terms of wattage), I'd rate their heads superior to their cabs.
    They incorporate the latest features and controls, (too many for some people), and have great flexibility.

The cabs are built like fortresses, but the speakers, Eminence made for Carvin, are the weakest component, IMO. Not bad at all, just not up there with the premium price spread. But, you aren't paying premium prices either.

I haven't used a 210, but my 4x10" with either R series head puts out a lot of volume without wimping out. You probably won't be able to turn up either the RC210 or an R head with a 4x10" to it's real potential, unless no one else is in the store.
  3. I really like my R600 head. It sounds good and is very flexible. I wish I had gone with the R1000. My EA cab sucks up every last watt. (especially Carvin watts! ;) ) It's always better to have more power than you need. You can always turn down but you can't use power that isn't there in the first place.