1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin R600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazen, May 3, 2010.

1. Lazen

Lazen

Nov 27, 2009
    looking into buying this: http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1721211303.html

at most i usually play with two guitars and a drummer. generally they are pretty loud and i can never hear my self with my hartke a100. is this going to be loud enough? We have a gig coming up and i need to make sure we'll be okay. Please reccomend any amps if you feel like it.

2. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    I've never played the combos, but I had a R1000 with a 410 and 115 cab. I loved the amp, thought the cabs/speakers were only OK. that would be a big thing to move around (though I have an Aguilar GS412, so I'm not judging...)

I'm sure you could get just about any sound out of that combo, If you use a lot of extreme low bass in your sound, I would worry that you might get farty sounds, but that's from my limited experience with NOT the same rig...

Hope that's at least a little helpful...

-John

3. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    I have an R600 head and the RC210 combo. When bridged that head makes good power at 4 ohms thought it runs hot doing it. When biamped like in the Cyclops each channel is not very strong.

Change the head to a BX1200 or BX1500 and the Cyclops would kick.

Its going to be better than what you are now using but not what you will want in the long run.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Arguably one of the worst amps Carvin has ever made. Weak sounding for its power rating, difficult to dial in a desired tone despite all the knobs, and a spotty reliability record for that model.

Carvin's newer offerings are much, much better.

5. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    ^
    What he said... :meh:

MM

6. Lazen

Lazen

Nov 27, 2009
    Are there any cabs you guys could recommend? I have a fender super twin combo that i put bass speakers in and i just love the sound of it. But it just isn't loud enough. There is an output on the back of the amp itself to go to a cab but i'm really new to that kind of stuff and don't know what cable i need and what kind of cab i need to go with it. It says 4 ohm output. Also out of curiosity i was woundering if there was a way to bypass the combo's speakers and just use the speakers from the cab. 300 dollars US is the most I can spend. I know its not alot but its all i have at the moment.

7. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk